top of page

Courtney founded and ran a 501c3 non-profit organization, Re Spectrum Community from 2010-2014. Re Spectrum provided services to a range of ages, identities and concerns where 60% of the clients identified as having some sort of neurodiversity and the other 40% were made up of individuals with varying mental health concerns or family members of neurodivergent individuals. During my time with Re Spectrum, Courtney developed curriculum for recreational and sport programs, social skills groups, and therapy support groups that centered around understanding the needs, interests and desires of individuals with autism and other neurodivergent skills.


Through Re Spectrum, Courtney also developed a narrative based training model, RESPECT Therapy, which supported Marriage and Family Trainees and Associates in their confidence and ability to work alongside autistic individuals and their family members when experiencing different relational and mental health concerns. A key component of this training is understanding the intersections of autism and mental health and area of passion of hers because it is often overlooked. Courtney supervised MFT trainees and interns providing psychotherapy for individuals with a wide range of mental health experiences. 

Re Spectrum Community was absorbed by San Diego Center for Children (SDCC) in 2014 where Courtney was able to grow the team of six to twenty fix staff over the five years that Courtney served as Autism & Mental Health Services Manager. As an AAMFT Supervisor through Re Spectrum and SDCC, Courtney mentored two graduate student trainees per year for nine years and several Marriage and Family Therapy Associates. One of those graduate students, Claire Muller, is now licensed and working alongside Courtney at Respect Family Therapy & Consulting.

In 2019, Courtney joined Cortica Healthcare Inc., a neurology healthcare clinic, to oversee the family counseling program across all sites in California. As a start up and fast growing company, Courtney served as the Executive Director of Family Counseling having the opportunity to once again mentor phenomenal therapists in their work to support neurodiversity from a mental health and relational lens. 

When the pandemic began in 2020, Courtney had the good fortune to take a step back from the fast-paced corporate world and focus back on my real passions, direct client support and being with my family. After a year with Wave Therapy, Courtney launched Respect Family Therapy & Consulting and continue to support the development and growth of therapists, other professionals and parents globally. Currently, I am also fortunate to have the pleasure and opportunity to be an Instructor for the National Foundation for Autism Research (NFAR) in their three vocational training programs for autistic adults.

Administrative & Supervisory Experience


Courtney has been a huge support to me at multiple stages in my career including as a professor of child and adolescent development in San Diego State's Masters in Counseling program, as an employer at her non-profit, and as my supervisor at the San Diego Center for Children and Cortica. Courtney is a one-of-kind supervisor due to her years of experience in the field, ability to uncover and foster my skills areas, and due to her approachability and humility in everything she does. 


-R. Clarke Heyes, Ph.D., LMFT 

Owner, Mapping Possibilities

bottom of page